We’re Hiring: Sustainability and Carbon Manager
We are seeking a dedicated Sustainability and Carbon Manager to join our team at Mediatree. This role requires someone with strong analytical skills and a passion for sustainability. The successful candidate will be responsible for running carbon emissions calculations, the offsetting process, certification, and reporting. Additionally, they will play a crucial role in developing and implementing sustainability initiatives both internally and externally at Mediatree. This position offers an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our company’s commitment to sustainability and on the wider Investor Relations industry.
This is a hybrid role and travelling may be required from time to time.
Investor Relations, Financial Roadshows and Financial Events
Created in 1998, Mediatree brings equity stories to life through bespoke financial communication, production and logistics services for corporates, banks and private equity firms around the world. Today Mediatree is one of the world’s most respected agencies specialising in the logistics and production of financial roadshows and events.
More recently, Mediatree has embraced the digital transition and has adapted its service offering to support virtual and hybrid investor communication through webcasts and websites whilst continuing to deliver the highest quality products and services when it comes to physical events and roadshows.
Since 2016, Mediatree’s overarching mission has been the sustainability of the Investor Relations Industry by using its business as a force for good and helping our clients to decarbonise their investor facing activities through its carbon emissions service, GreenerRoadshows.
Our mission is to contribute to decarbonising Investor Relations and Communications activities by creating and delivering forward-thinking sustainable solutions.
At Mediatree, we are acutely aware that our responsibilities extend far beyond providing seamless Investor Relations and Communications solutions for our global client base. As a veteran financial events agency faced with the current climate emergency and its impact on biodiversity and communities, we commit to immediate action to address the damaging impact Investor Relations and Communications activities have on the environment, raise awareness, and assist other organisations in making positive choices.
Our mission is to deliver seamless physical, hybrid and virtual events and roadshows and other investor communication services sustainably. We achieve this by teaming up with our clients and our ethically assessed supply chain to mitigate and offset the negative externalities of their IR activity.
Furthermore, Mediatree aims to reinforce this mission by investing in our people, our brand, and the positive growth of our communities by creating good practices in everything we undertake daily.
- Commitment:We are committed to delivering exceptional results for our clients and driving positive change in our industry.
- Integrity:We conduct ourselves with honesty and transparency, and hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards in all aspects of our work.
- Creativity:We embrace innovation and creativity to develop unique solutions and exceed client expectations.
- Unity:We foster collaboration and teamwork to achieve our common goals.
- Diversity:We pride ourselves on having a diverse team and being an inclusive place to work and recognise the value of the different perspectives and talents of each team member.
Calculation and Reporting:
- Support calculations for ongoing projects and future events
- Assist in maintaining calculation engine and suggest improvements
- Manage offsetting processes and certification
- Streamline reporting procedures
Mitigation and Product Development:
- Research best practices for mitigation strategies
- Develop systems for assessing and onboarding suppliers for mitigation efforts
- Contribute to product development to meet customer needs
Business Development and Marketing:
- Participate in marketing trips and pitches
- Support core markets as needed
- Drive improvements in performance metrics and audit processes
- Maintain existing standards across performance metrics and audit processes
- Support internal data collection and emissions calculations
- Assist in drafting and publishing annual impact reports
- Stay informed about sustainability trends
Sustainability Initiatives and Engagement:
- Organise team activities to promote sustainability
- Identify conferences and workshops for department participation
- Manage relationships with charitable partners and research new partnerships
- Contribute ideas and skills to benefit the team and company growth
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience in sustainability or related field preferred
- Knowledge of carbon calculation methods and offsetting processes is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Two years of experience in a relevant field
The ideal profile:
- A data driven individual with a passion for sustainability who is looking to rapidly scale the sustainability side of Mediatree’s business
- Two years of experience in a similar role
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Private Health Insurance
- Private Dental Cover
- Group Life Cover
- 25 working day holidays
- Office Closed between 24th December and 2nd January
Mediatree offers a competitive rewards package, training opportunities, and a supportive work environment. We are committed to diversity and equal opportunity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Talent@mediatree.com
For more information, visit our website at www.media-tree.com