We’re Hiring: Account Manager
Summary Job Function:
Mediatree is recruiting an Account Manager, to work in the Account Management team covering primarily the United Kingdom and the other specified markets. The work consists in managing clients (corporates, investment banks and PR agencies) their events and roadshow projects (in the context of deals-like IPOs-or non-deals like ongoing Investor Relations) with.
Useful skills: Events and Events Management, Logistics and Production, Investor Relations, Marketing, Communication, Project Management, Budget Management and to a lesser extent Strategy/Planning. Creativity and design skills also welcome and important.
Travelling is required.
Financial Services and corporate environments
Founded in 1998, Mediatree is an entrepreneurial, international financial events and institutional communication company and is renowned as one of the world’s leading financial roadshows agencies. Based in Shoreditch London, Mediatree works hand in hand with companies of different sizes and sectors, for long term or one-off projects such as IPO Roadshows, M&A transactions, Rights issues / Debt Issues Roadshows, Investor Days, Results Presentations, Non-Deal Roadshows.
Our professionals offer specialist expertise and their experience is renowned in our field. They advise clients from a range of industries and countries, and travel across continents to produce state-of-the-art financial presentations for them. Over the past two decades we have been engaged to work on the high-profile events for some of the largest financial transactions.
Mediatree’s motto is: “we think ahead for you be first”. Our consultants focus on managing the communication efforts between companies and institutional investors offering best-in-class events, digital support and other media on-site, in countries across Europe, the US, Asia and Asia-Pacific. We are developing our Latin American presence. Our support ensures our clients a seamless execution for their strategic communication efforts. We always aim to be one step ahead and work with a proactive and creative mindset.
Mediatree is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by the values of Commitment, Integrity, Creativity, Unity and Diversity, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by many of the world’s most high-profile companies and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team work and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
Our Mission Lock:
Our mission is to contribute to decarbonising Investor Relations and Communications activities by creating and delivering forward-thinking sustainable solutions.
At Mediatree, we are acutely aware that our responsibilities extend far beyond providing seamless Investor Relations and Communications solutions for our global client base. As a veteran financial events agency faced with the current climate emergency and its impact on biodiversity and communities, we commit to immediate action to address the damaging impact Investor Relations and Communications activities have on the environment, raise awareness, and assist other organisations in making positive choices.
Our mission is to deliver seamless physical, hybrid and virtual events and roadshows and other investor communication services sustainably. We achieve this by teaming up with our clients and our ethically assessed supply chain to mitigate and offset the negative externalities of their IR activity.
Furthermore, Mediatree aims to reinforce this mission by investing in our people, our brand, and the positive growth of our communities by creating good practices in everything we undertake daily.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking a Senior Account Manager to join a growing Account Management team in London to manage high profile projects for some of Europe’s leading organisations in industries such as energy, telecoms, fashion, retail, gaming, leisure, financial and consumer goods industries. As the work is specialised, it is expected the candidate will receive on-the-ground training and a formal induction. Our client list in France is blue-chip.
The Account Manager will be reporting to the CEO, Fallon Painter and Head of Department.
Execution for Clients
- Own and manage client relationships and stakeholder relationships (Banks, PR, Lawyers) with limited senior supervision; creatively prepare and deliver the client programme
- Ensure client requests are agreed and project plans are in place
- Generate supportive investor coverage for clients by arranging client events
- Work alongside colleagues to ensure timescales and quality assurance are adhered to
- Manage client expectations and anticipate their needs
- Anticipate potentially challenging situations and evaluate alternatives with senior team
- Assist senior team members in creatively preparing and delivering the client programme
- On site responsibilities for events and roadshows (some travel required) – travelling with clients and providing on logistical support for up to two weeks on certain projects
- Provide advice to a portfolio of clients, manage accounts on a day-to-day basis and develop excellent relationships with clients
- Focus on client retention through exemplary service delivery
- Deliver project proposals and budget updates
Build the Business
- Assist in seeking new business opportunities and produce fresh ideas
- Proactively network with industry contacts (bankers, equity advisors, PR advisors, etc.), as well as potential clients
- Share ideas and client information with the team
- Share knowledge, insights and experience with colleagues
- Develop relationships with other teams within Mediatree
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to a bachelor degree level or equivalent from a university with a reputation for excellence in the subject in question, with a minimum 2:1 (or equivalent)
- If possible, prior experience (including internships) at PR agency, investment bank/ECM team or in a corporate IR team
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong client relations skills
- Ability and skill to handle client responsibilities at high level of organisation (CEO, CFO and C-Suite level)
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent stakeholder engagement capability
- Commercial instinct, ability to pitch and win over trust
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within Mediatree and client organisations
- Budget management – practical experience of budgeting
- Time management and ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Ability to work effectively within a busy team and to adapt quickly to changes in pace of workflow to meet market fluctuations
- Pragmatic and ‘can do’ approach
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent level of French and English (the proficiency of other languages is a plus)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office pack (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- General understanding of the capital markets is beneficial
- Contacts within the financial community (Paris and London) is useful
The ideal profile:
- A smart, savvy, presentable client-facing individual
- Bilingual in English and French and/or Spanish and/or Italian and/or Russian
- 3/4 years of experience in corporate and financial communications (in a company or an agency), in corporate events agencies, specialised services for IR communication (Translation, Webcasts, Video production, iPad solutions) or financial PR
- Experienced at high-quality events and logistical solutions
- Interest in economic news in Europe and abroad
Mediatree offers a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please send your CV and cover letter to the following email address: email@example.com
For more information on Mediatree please have a look at our website: www.media-tree.com